Sunday, July 19, 2009

English Legacy: Bandwagon (Chapter 21)

Come on aboard I promise you you won't hurt the horse
We treat him well, we feed him well
There's lots of room for you on the bandwagon
The road may be rough, the weather may forget us
But won't we all parade around and sing our songs and wave our flags.
A magic kingdom, greet us all hello, greet us hello, greet us hello.

"Are you sure about this, Mom?"

"I'm absolutely sure, boys. I can think of two reasons why this should be done..."
"Number one....."
"....and number two."

"Yeah, I know, Mom, but this is the house Dad built for us, with his own sweat, blood, and keystrokes. What would he say right now?"
Dark in here.

"Oh, Christopher, to your father, the house was just a place to sleep, eat, and to play video games in. What he truly cherished most of all, was our family, and watching you boys grow. After the leopard skin thingy, of course. He would understand the need to do this, with new babies on the way."
"I just want to point out, Mom, that's there's not quite enough cash in the account to build the new house free and clear. We'll literally have to recycle the old house to afford the new one."

"I understand, Alex. C'mon, time's a wasting. Get busy with Buy and Build modes, you two."

* A few days later.... *

"Christopher! Get over here, I need you! My water broke! The baby is coming!"
"I'm coming, I'm coming! Whoa, you're right! But, I could have sworn I just heard Shante call out that she was in labor?"

"She is! We both are! Now quit freaking out and get me to the hospital!"

"Right! Hospital, police cruiser, sirens.... uh, ixnay on the police car; Looks like Alex and Shante took it...."

* Later that very same night... *
"Man, as Rich as we are, you'd think we could afford a better health care plan so you and our son wouldn't have to leave the hospital the same night he was born."

"Oh, it's all right, sweetheart. Danny and I are just fine; there' no reason for us to stay when we've got this nice, big new house waiting for us, which was finished just in time."

"Oh, I know, 'Trish. Besides, I know they had a shortage of bassinets after Alex and Shante."

Posted by: Brian at 13:37 pm 0 comments





Boy, bet you thought it was another cliffhanger, didn't ya! :D
"Isn't that Chris and Latricia in the cab, in front of us, Alex?"

"I think so... I just wonder why we have to bring Deanna and Elizabeth home in a cab when I've got Dad's cop car literally in my pocket."

"Oh, is that what that is? I thought you were just happy to see me."

"Always, Shante. Even before you gave us two beautiful baby girls."

"Uh... did you Check the Sink before we left the house? And the stove?"

"Yes, dear."

"Oh, good. I'd hate it if anything were to happen to that new house."

I suppose the readers are going to want to actually see the new house; odd creatures that they are... well, all right.
Here's the bottom floor - I built the house on a foundation - first time I've ever done that. As you can see, there's lots of room in the living area on the left, and the study area on the right. Outside the study area is a deck where the exercise equipment and chess table are.

The dining room has the same floor and walls as the kitchen, because it was originally the kitchen, but I decided to switch them so the kitchen would have windows
.
Here's the upper floor. The upper foyer at the top of the stairs will likely be where the portraits will be found on the walls as they're painted. Alex and Shante's bedroom and bathroom are on the left; Chris and Latricia on the right. Laurel's bedroom is at top center. That may become an "upper study" when she passes on.
Here's the house now, after a few more days passed - I put the upper deck on, and put a pond in the back. I need Laurel to catch enough fish so she can stock the pond.

You can see the family graveyard there... which I completely sealed off with a fence and removed the gate to see if that would keep a certain Founder's ghost from wandering about. Next to his marker is the easel containing his last attempted painting. I'm curious if his ghost will finish it, if he can't play video games any more...
Oh, I almost forgot - people might want to know the traits of Generation Three, so far:

Deanna English - Hates the Outdoors, and Exciteable
Likes: Kids Music, Dim Sum, and Grey

Elizabeth English - Athletic, Heavy Sleeper
Likes: Electronica, Spaghetti, and Red.

Danny English - Artistic, Easily Impressed
Likes: Electronica, Key Lime Pie, and White.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It'll be interesting to see how having 3 babies in the house affects the creator.

MysticSpirit said...

Brian ... those carpets you picked out for the new house ... *BLINKS* ... *squeegees her eyes*

"It's dark in here" ... *ROTFLMAO*

That's a big, freakin' house! Nice touch with the easel in the back. And what'dya mean the founder can't play video games any more?

AeronwyDiobhell said...

Heh, I like mom's reasons. :-) I wonder what it is she's suggesting though?

HAHAHAHA!! "Dark in here." OMG, I don't know how I didn't crack up out loud (I'm at work and laughing out loud randomly isn't a good sign for continued employment... or being allowed to stay out of our psych unit...).

Well, geeze, don't we get to see the new house? *pouts*

Pfft, no hospitals let you stay more than a day with natural childbirth. Heck, a c-section and they kick you out like 3 days later! *shakes her head* But congrulations on the birth of your son, Chris and Latricia!

Yay, twins! *boogies* Not quite as good as both women having multiples, but I'll take it. ;-) Congrats on the birth of your daughters, Alex and Shante!

*peers at the picture of them in the cab* What's wrong with Shante's face there? *blinks* I guess it's just her face with her looking exhausted? Definitely some interesting genetics you're inviting into your Legacy family. *grins*

Wow, their place is HUGE now! The ground floor has a -ton- of room to fill up there! Okay, the second floor has tons of space too. They're doing -very- well, I see! But, is Laurel's room open to the second story foyer? *looks* I'm not seeing a wall or door at the end of that hallway there.

Honestly, with kids already in the house, you probably want to leave Laurel's room as a bedroom or you're going to find yourself converting it back into a bedroom before you know it. ;-)

Gotta try to figure out where to give the Wolff's a pond on their property. *ponders*

Can't wait to see you try to keep your sanity, with 3 infants in the house! Of course, you do have a living Elder (who presumably has retired) and two mom's who'll be forced to stay home for a while. So maybe it won't be quite as crazy as having 2 sets of twins born insanely close together and then only having the mom home with them all. *coughs*

Ange - Brian is clearly totally and completely color-blind. *nods sagely*

Brian said...

@Lisa: Three babies didn't affect the Creator nearly as much as.... three toddlers. *quiver*

@Angel: The Founder can't play video games any more because the graveyard is sealed now - he can't leave it. I'm having enough trouble getting five adults with jobs and three toddlers with varying sleep schedules enough sleep... don't need a ghost waking them up. :)

@Aero: Yeah, I realized Laurel's room didn't have a door. Her room has a double door now... a single door would have ruined the symmetry.

Laurel isn't retired - she still works.

Roo said...

okay how funny is it that my frist thought was YAY NO MORE PINK! *giggles*
at least gen 3 has better taste in colors.
congrats on the 'triplets'
*waves at Sim-Bri*

suziesim said...

woot! yay for a new house! *bounces* I love the 2nd/3rd generation stage when they have enough money to get a comfy home.

I hafta agree w/Aer - officially colorblind. *nods* Or someones' been designing carpet colors based on favorite football teams. :\ hmmm, Bills are red & blue, aren't they?! ^_^

Omy -you did get a set of twins! WOOT~! I love it! zomg - I bet that house was a ZOO with 8 people - I don't blame you in the least for fencing your founder in! :DD