Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oddfellows Local 151

"So, Deanna, While we've somehow managed to find some time alone, I've been doing some thinking..."

"Me too, but I'm not sure we could get the mailman to wear the costume."

"Wait.... what?"

"I'm teasing, sweetheart. Okay, okay. what were you thinking about?"

"Well, now that the chaos has died down for a bit, I was wondering why you're all here. Starting with you, obviously. Is there anything more you can tell me? You seem pretty lucid and rational a lot of the time. As long as there isn't a fire going on."
"Well, I know this may sound like a cliche, but I don't remember much before the day you showed up. All I 'know' is I'm supposed to be here... it hasn't bothered me much, because strangely enough, even locked up here, on these meds that keep us from getting too far from the building... I feel... safe, within these stone walls in the middle of the desert."

"We're not technically in the middle of the desert, my love. We're in the middle of this strange town. Perhaps you've noticed that the fire department gets here pretty quickly? Still, the other day, you seemed happy to just jump in that puddle."

"I couldn't help it... don't ask me to explain, but I actually felt safe and strong enough to go outside.... I think it started after.... you know."

"I still don't understand totally.... I mean, I caused that fire trying to make you food. I failed, and you almost died... I only made the situation worse."

"Brian, I'm going to say this again. When Tammy and Leslie told me how frantic you were, concerned about me despite the fact you yourself had fainted... it... well, I already knew you loved me... but that night made me realize... just how important I am to you. I don't remember my past life, but... I do know it felt... very, very new and very welcome."

*smooch* *slobber* *grasp* *giggles* *murmur*

Get on with it!!!

"All right, all right; you don't have to shout!"

"Uh, Brian? I didn't say anything... who were you talking to?"

"Um.... it's nothing..."

"Oooookay. Don't go crazy on us... you won't like how they administer the medicine."

"Speaking of the medicine... I think Anne is reacting badly to her medication lately. Or the smoke inhalation."

"Yeah, that was weird... one second she's jabbing me in the chest saying how I should watch my back..."
"... and not three seconds later, she's talking about the tennis player she used to date. I said 'Well... I'd like to try tennis, it sounds like good exercise.' She smiled at that.
"I was cleaning the books off the rec room floor, and her diary was one of them. it wasn't marked on the outside, so I opened it to see what it was, and who it belonged to..."
"And? Anything interesting in there?"

"Well... I don't wish to reveal all the rantings of a crazy woman..."

"Boy, do I understand that."

"Very funny. Anyway, needless to say, she had a list of some of her previous lovers... you won't believe who she has on the list... with numeric rankings."

"Like who?"

"Well, for one, Daniel Pleasant, the Hall-of-Famer."

"When was this? He's a grandfather now, if I recall. His daughter Angela is Iron Chef Pleasantview, and his other daughter, Lilith, is running for Mayor of SimCity."

"Exactly. Imagine the scandal. She doesn't give dates, but it seems he's a solid eight point three. Apparently he lost points on the dismount. Odd, considering his line of workout videos."

"Speaking of which, I wish the meds you girls are on would let you exercise. We've got a growing problem around here, with all the institutional food they provide us."
"Growing problem? Exercise? What do you mean?"

I wouldn't have gone there at gunpoint. How will our hero answer this one? Let's listen.

"Do you mind? I'm trying to have a conversation here!!"

"You know, Brian, I think I liked it better when I was the one talking to the ceiling, and you were the sane one."

"I'll... explain later. It's.... complicated and very strange. Uh... what were we talking about?"

"Um... I've forgotten. I think our Chat interaction expired."

Ooh.... saved by the buzzer!

7 comments:

MysticSpirit said...

*LOL* Boy ... what a lucky, lucky, LUCKY guy! If he'd repeated that statement about the "growing problem", he woulda been KILLED ... what with being surrounded by 7 women. *grin* Not only that ... but he most certainly wouldn't be getting any. :O}

AeronwyDiobhell said...

Hahah! Okay, I really like Deanna. *giggle* Aww, she had no life before she met Brian! *gags* I think she has co-dependency issues. :-b

*peers at the Controller* Um, I think they -were- "getting on with it" until you interrupted them. *snickers*

Anne is crazy. What'd you expect in an insane asylum? *shakes her head*

Hehe, she ranked her previous lovers? *giggles* And given how old Anne is, either Daniel was boffing a teenager or Anne was boffing a grandfather. Either way, given that it's the sims, Good for Daniel! *cheers* You stud, you. :-D

*swallows heavily* Oh, dear. Brian, you poor ignorant fool. You've definitely put your foot into it now. *tsks and watches for the fireworks* HAHAHA!! "Saved by the buzzer!" *snickers loudly* That LUCKY ignorant fool. *giggles*

Hmm, I wonder how my folks stayed thin. *rubs her chin* I don't think anyone wound up with body points either, did they? *rushes back to check her Asylum challenge ---- returns* Nope, none of my controllable sims got a single body point, but they stayed in the middle range anyway. *shrugs* No clue. And that was back in my "no-hacks days" so I didn't have the noeatcrap hack, which stops sims from eating food with a green glow but it also stops them eating when they're full, even if their plate isn't cleaned. *shrugs again* Just lucky I guess! Or else, you know, medieval times, they didn't have much food or something.

Lisa said...

" Apparently he lost points on the dismount. Odd, considering his line of workout videos."

This line is just too funny!

And good luck with your "growing" problem.

Brian said...

Well, our "hero" isn't getting any anyway... well, any WooHoo, that is. Anne is still technically in love with Brian, and Brian and Deanna aren't fond of ....

heh heh....

Wait for it...

"Coitus Anne-interrupt-us"!

Thank you, thank you; I'll be here all the week...

SuziCat said...

"The Chat interaction expired"--too funny!

Roo said...

*giggles* oh great update. it was so funny! well done, nicely skirting around the sticky question too

suzie sim said...

hehe - mailman! I like Deanna's sense of humor - she's a little twisted! :D lol - if he's trying to work up the guts to propose, he's sure taking his sweet time about it! uhoh - and now I think he's heading in the wrong direction all together! "...growing problem" lol! *watches Brian backpeddle*

rotf! "I think our Chat interaction expired." and none too soon! :DD

*groans at the comment reply*
Oh No You Did NOT! 40 lashes with a wet noodle for unlicensed use of a coitus joke!