Friday, February 22, 2008

Good Advices

Greetings, all. It's the Creator again. Our protagonist is taking a few hours rest before I send him back to the skill-building grind.

Even though I've been playing this asylum for only a few days, I think I have a few pointers to share with people who may be thinking about playing an asylum challenge.

Lesson Learned #1: When trying to make new household friends, don't send the (really) crazy lady.
Lesson #2: If there's a kitchen fire, all Sims that were near it, will want a shower afterwards. This can end up looking pretty ridiculous depending on how big the shower stall is.
Lesson #3: If you find your inmates are... um.... weighing heavily on your mind, as long as your controllable Sim can Do Yoga, he or she can Ask others to Join Yoga. This does not get Body points for the joinees, but it will (slowly) gain them Fitness.
Lesson #4: If the inmates have no Body skill, the screenshots won't get much less ridiculous than this. However, the payoff can be worth it.
While pleased with the results, Deanna has um.... requested shorter workout sessions in the future. Well.. okay, she didn't so much "request" as "threaten our protagonist." I have no idea where she procured the sock full of quarters. Brian has reasonably agreed to shorten the sessions in order to avoid the discomfort that can result from a sudden assault of great change.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Horray for "ask to join"! I had no idea sims could do that, so thank you very much for the awesome tip!

MysticSpirit said...

This tip about "ask to join" is a very good idea! I've used it for other situations ... but never thought about it for fitness. Hehe. But then again ... my gal didn't require body skill for her LTW ... so ... it wasn't even on my radar. Hehe! This is good to know ... for FUTURE reference though. ;O}

AeronwyDiobhell said...

#1 Well, you can't actually SEND anyone but your controllable sim. But yes, if you can intercept the visitor with your controlled person, you might do a bit better. *grin*

#2 Hehe, that's when you start getting the fun sponge bath shots. ;-)

#3 Definitely a good trick to know for the future! I'm still not sure how I got so lucky with my sims. I think only 1 or 2 of them got hefty by the end there.

#4 *giggles*

sim-Brian - you are a very wise man. *pauses* Sometimes. In this instance, I agree. Shorter workout sessions are better, I believe. *is glad quarters didn't exist back when her Asylum was run...*

suzie sim said...

ROTF!~ Those are great tips! :DD You must be doing well with the challenge - your inmates are actually putting on weight! Usually, nobody will cook for themselves and they're all starving! *giggles* Or setting themselves & the kitchen on fire trying to master Mac n'Cheese!

Brian said...

Heh... as for "sending the crazy lady"... is it not legal to "Introduce to (visitor)"? I thought Meeting Someone New would get Anne some aspiration points (and be less of a raging lunatic)... well, it didn't. Not only that, but I looked over and she was Arguing with the visitor.. Abjideet or whomever.

Sponge baths are annoying in my asylum.. because there's no wall between the kitchen and area where the beds are, so everyone awake gets shooed into the rec room.

As for the cooking and cleaning, my inmates have a decent amount of cooking points... they frequently make themselves pork chops. I don't have to cook much; just make sure the refrigerator is stocked.

It reminds me of an old saying, "If a woman is there to cook and clean, it just means she has a pulse." :D

SuziCat said...

Fun tips! :-) Yeah, mine were always starving, so I guess you are doing good! :-) And yes, my bathroom was a VERY popular (and MESSY) place, fires or not!

Roo said...

I still say Jello is your friend *nods* and try hanging out with someone and then inviting someone to hang out w/ you .. that helps too