Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Monty Got a Raw Deal

No... this isn't fair. IT ISN'T FAIR. I've done it. I've become head of the Simprano syndicate. I have lifetime Platinum mood. I kept them alive. I kept her alive. I will NOT fail. I'm so angry... the power... the power... I will use it. I will not be thwarted! I have run the gauntlet, and I WILL HAVE MY VICTORY!
"SHOW YOURSELF!!" I screamed as loudly as I could, despite not being able to move from this spot. "I'm through being pushed around by You! Show yourself, Creator!"

Show Myself? Do you know what you are asking?

"I'm not asking you! I'm telling you! Show yourself!" I'm sure if I had the muscle control, I'd be shaking right now. Deanna's eyes had stopped darting back and forth, and were fixed on me. At least I know she can still hear and see.

Very well. Prepare yourself. This is not the normal destiny of Mortals, to face Me, their Creator. I hope you find My appearance.... acceptable.

What the.... the Creator....
"You are surprised? You were expecting a more imposing image?"
"I was expecting to be able to move! What have You done to us? Why can't we move?"

"You cannot move, because I have removed your Free Will. It is only because you have helped Me finish this challenge that you can speak at all. I am not ungrateful."

I collect myself.... I still can't move, but I hope I manage to put an angry enough look on my face. "It doesn't matter what you look like, even if you've chosen to look like me. It doesn't matter how 'grateful' you are. I did it. I survived your challenge, and now you tell me I can't take Deanna out of here?
"I never promised you that you would be able to simply 'take' her. You chose her to fulfill your own wants, and to help fulfill hers, in order to keep her alive, as allowed for this challenge. You have done very well. She has not progressed as far as you, to be sure, but she is in remarkable shape for what she's been subjected to. I never said she was to be yours to do with as you see fit."

The smug, self-assured look on his face was beginning to annoy me. "Tell me why I can't rescue her from here. Tell me why she has to stay here!"

The Creator turned to look at Deanna. Her gaze was alternating between Him and I. The Creator paused for a moment, studying her like she was a piece of art. After several silent seconds, while I felt my rage building again, He turned to face me again.

"You cannot take her, because she is not ready to leave yet." He held up a hand, and I felt a retort die in my throat. "You have built a far stronger relationship with her than either you or I thought you would. I remember calling you a slimy opportunist. I now see I was wrong about you, and the two of you feel genuine love for each other, so I do not expect you to view her situation and recovery with full objectivity. Please believe Me when I say she is not ready to leave this place."

While I struggled to form a response to that, three words, spoken by another, were heard, and they caused the Creator to suddenly spin around, obvious surprise on His face.

He had turned His attention to Deanna, who had spoken the three words, despite not having the Free Will to do much else.
"Yes, I am."

6 comments:

MysticSpirit said...

O__o

Wow ...

-__-

Wow ...

o__O

WOW!!!

I don't think there's anything more I can say! :O))

When's the next part?!??!

Brian said...

You think you're ready for the next part, Angelia? It's quite possible that part 3 is just as much, if not more cliffhangerish than part one, and part four not close to being ready... :D

SuziCat said...

Cool, cool, cool! Perfect ending to this update! You have leaned from Beans the art of the clifhhanger, young Paduwan. :-)

Roo said...

holy smokes! yes I am... wow.. just .. dang!

suzie sim said...

AWWW - poor little sim-Brian! (ok - I had to type that 3 times to spell it right, lol!) He's done all that you asked of him and more & now you're robbing him of his fitting Triumphant Moment??!!

cruel!

woot! Yay Deanna - you tell them both! :P

AeronwyDiobhell said...

Wow, the Controller himself came down for a visit, eh? Bold Brian, still snapping at you too. *grins*

"Not ungrateful?" Sure seems ungrateful to me, to turn free will off!

Hmm, well, okay, yeah, you didn't promise him he'd be able to take Deanna or the others away. But still, that's awfully callus.

WOOT! You go, Deanna! You show that Creator he isn't in control of as much as he though! *cheers D*