Sunday, August 2, 2009

English Legacy: Stand (Chapter 27)

Stand in the place where you live
Now face North
Think about direction
Wonder why you haven’t
Now stand in the place where you work
Now face West
Think about the place where you live
Wonder why you haven’t before

Deanna English's Weblog
Mood: Contemplative

Greetings, again, readers! It's Dee here, and I thought I'd catch you all up on my life so far, while I take a break from writing my latest book, "That Spot on Her Cheek". As I've mentioned before, this one is going to be a Romance novel, after my Humor novel, "Upper Class Twit of the Year" didn't so as well as we hoped. I would like to thank all of you that bought it.

All five of you. *sadface*

It's been kinda strange in this house, now that Uncle Chris, Aunt Trish, and my cousins have moved out - it's so empty, and everyone's sleeping in different rooms now.
I think it was hardest on Aunt Trish, though. They had literally just driven away in the taxi, and we had barely gotten our rooms redecorated when she walked back into the house, went up to her previous room (now Liz's room), and made the bed!

That reminds me - how do our rooms get redecorated so fast? One second, they're one style, then literally the next second they're another! What's going on? I asked Mom about it, given how much she Talks about Conspiracies, but she just smiled and said "You're not going crazy, Dee, if these strange things really ARE happening."
She has a point, considering she and Dad found Grandma's old room made up to resemble their old room, which is now mine.
Back to Aunt Trish, though, I was asleep at the time, but after wandering Liz's room, she came into mine. I know she's Absent-Minded, but this is a stretch for her to come back to this house literally after moving out.
Creator's Note: Especially since Latricia DROVE THE CAB when they left. What, did she leave Chris, Danny, and Justin by the side of the road?

She finally woke me up when she turned on my boombox, then headed out the upper deck, so I got out of bed and told her "Aunt Trish, you're always welcome here, but you and Uncle Chris have your own house now, over on Cypress Lane." This snapped her out of it, and she apologized profusely. She then used Grandpa's teleporter to beam home.

That Saturday, it was time for Liz and I to have our birthday! We combined it with our grad parties, so we invited our cousin Danny (It was his birthday too, of course), and my "friend" Zebulon Bagley.
Liz is still on a manhunt, so she asked to make the dress code "Swimwear". Dad had inherited Grandma Laurel's Legendary Hostess trait, so I knew everyone would show up no matter the dress code. Liz's other suggestion of "Toga", was struck down. I will say, my Zebulon looks very fine without his shirt. Sure, he can be Childish at times, and Excitable, but darn, isn't he a fine chunk of Sim.
...even more so after we blew out the birthday cakes. I apologize for the quality of the pics - it got dark early, and they're wasn't time to set up proper light. Still you can see, Adulthood was *very* kind to my Zeb.
It was pretty nice to my sister, too. Beth had an awful time for a while with her looks as a teenager. She's gotten past that, of course, but when she became an adult, her chin became somewhat less prominent. She looks even more like Mom, who has a very loving spouse in our Dad.
Speaking of loving, for some reason, I felt very Romantic, Hopelessly so, after blowing out my candles, so impulsively, I asked Zeb to Go Steady, as the party was winding down. He of course, said yes!
The readers will be happy to know that his muscles aren't just painted on.

Every party must end, however, and soon after that, all the guests told me they'd had an Epic time at our party, and they all headed out.
Including, strangely enough, the ghost of my grandfather. I guess Grandma's story about him going to bed when she was in labor with Uncle Chris was true.

And now for something completely different. A woman surrounded by sparkles.

* SHAMELESS TEASER IMAGE*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start my Monday morning! Very funny, Shiny Brian.

AeronwyDiobhell said...

Aww, that's too bad her humor book didn't sell well. *comforts* Here's hoping her romance novel does better.

Huh, that is kind of weird, that she came back to her old house to make the bed. *snicker*

-Still- no door on the grandma's old room? *tickles*

Poor Trish. Although it was probably the right thing for them to do, she apparently really didn't want to leave the English homestead. *comforts Trish*

Maybe she was sleepwalking? *grins*

And just why is friend in quotation marks, hmmm? *peers at Dee*

*wolf whistles* Zeb really is a fine hunk of a man there! Good catch, Dee! *cheers*

Congrats on going steady! *applauds*

Yay for an epic party! But what does your grandfather's ghost leaving at the end of the party have to do with him going to bed when she was in labor? *scratches her head* Totally don't get the connection there.

*conveniently ignores the teaser image*

SuziCat said...

Ha ha, I had a ghost leave after a party, too--in fact they drove off! It was my Sim Me, and I have no idea where I got the car from! :-)

Nice to see your legacy moving right along!

Roo said...

*blinks* She drove the cab? interesting!
yowza, that Zeb is a cutie .. wait his last name is Bagley? I wonder if he's related to Sherman and Rhoda.. if so at least i know where he got that body from hehe
lol about the ghost .. they come back after a day or two

Brian said...

@Aero: Yes, Grandma's old room has a door. A double door.

Also, Leaving his own house after a party is another example of dumb things Brian has done - like going to sleep when Laurel was in labor.

@Ruby: Yes, Sherman Bagley is his grandfather - Rhoda is his great-aunt, then.

MysticSpirit said...

Epic party, eh? :O) Most of my parties (and I haven't had many) are usually just so-so ... and this is in TS2. I haven't had the opportunity to through any TS3 parties.

Zeb is quite handsomely muscled. :O)) What a great catch!

WHOA!! She REALLY came back to the house and was wandering around as if she still lived there?! That is taking Absentminded to a whole 'nother level!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Too funny about Trish coming back to the house! I guess old habits die hard, right? Maybe she left her fav fuzzy slippers under the bed, or maybe she's just that absent - minded that she forgot where she parked her family....
:D

Zebulon?? zomg - sounds like a Star Trek creature. or maybe a planet. But even bald, he does look good. :) Congrats on the Epic party & successful birthday spins for everyone!
*toots the Birthday Horn*