Wednesday, August 12, 2009

English Legacy: Suspicion (Chapter 30)

listen to the devils in my ear.
tell me what, what I want to hear
you're so funny, you're so fine.
you're so perfect, you're so mine.
that I never had an opportunity
to hide
no I never had a chance
"Are you sure about this, Brendan? There's no reason we can't give it a try."

"I'm sure, Liz. Maybe if we knew what the problem was, we could try to fix it, but I really don't want to risk not showing up for my own wedding, in front of your family. I think it will be better this way - less risk."

"Well, if you're sure," Elizabeth said, slightly unconvinced. "I just want to remind you, that once you and I get married, you'll become Playable."

"That kinda what I'm hoping for," Brendan said, suavely. Elizabeth grinned for a half second, then shook her head.

"That's not what I meant," she said. "I live in a Legacy House. Ever heard of those?"

Brendan's jaw dropped. "A Legacy House? You mean... you have a Creator?"

Elizabeth nodded. "Yep. So, don't be surprised if he talks to you every so often once you're Playable."

"Wow," Brendan said, taking it all in. "Does he eat much? Make a mess randomly changing wallpapers and furniture?"

"Oh, He's not that type of Creator," Elizabeth reassured him. "He mainly shows up as a voice in your mind, at inconvenient times. So He doesn't eat anything, though I'm not sure how housebroken He is."

I heard that.

"Doesn't change my mind, Liz. I wouldn't give you up for the world. Now, let's do this."
"... and I Brendan Fair, being of Slovenly nature, yet Ambitious and Frugal, if Childish, do take you, Elizabeth, to be my wife. I will now kiss my bride."
"Congratulations, Mister English."

"Same, to you, Mrs. English."

"I guess you know what happens next." Elizabeth said, taking her new husband's hands in hers.

"I do indeed, my wife. I guess it's finally time."

Elizabeth smiled, and spoke next in a singsong voice, quoting one of her favorite songs.
"Grab your things; I've come to take you home."

Creator's Note: Sorry about yet another private wedding, but like Brendan said, I didn't want to risk throwing a Wedding Party and have him not show up. Same thing for inviting him over first and having him Move In - Liz didn't have that dialog option while on his lot. One time when I had her invite him over, he said yes, and didn't show up. I sent Liz to the gym to find him, and he was on his way out. He went back home, instead of to her house. Anyway, back to the story.
"Anything yet?" Liz asked, as they came up for air once again.

"What's that make, four?" Brendan asked. "No, I didn't hear any chimes. Boy, am I glad I have a maxed Athletic skill - you're wearing me out Liz," he said, even as he cuddled close to her again.
"Well, I suppose we should give it a rest," Liz answered. "We can Try for a Baby again in a few days," she said, as they got under the covers again, but this time, to sleep. "Just let me know if you get any strange wishes to read prenatal books or anything," she said with a smile.

"Oh, I will," he replied, taking her into his arms. "Now, speaking of strange Wishes..."

Elizabeth sighed slightly, and stroked her husband's cheek. "I really think you should reconsider, Brendan," she said. "I really don't think the Creator is going to let you become the Emperor Of Evil."

I really don't think so, either.

"Why not? Any idea?"

"Well, first of all," Elizabeth told him, "You're not actually Evil. You might not be suited for the job. Besides my mother is a Dynamic DNA Profiler. I'd hate for your DNA to show up at a crime scene. There's one awkward family dinner I don't want to have."

"Yeah, you've got a point," Brendan said. With that, they both fell asleep.
With his maxed out Athletic skills, Brendan and Elizabeth thought the next best option for him was to become a Professional Athelte. So, the next afternoon, while Elizabeth was hitting the Cooking books for another promotion, he headed down to the Stadium to become a Fan of the Llamas.

Well, Elizabeth *thought* she would work on her Cooking skill, but what she learned instead was that you don't always hear chimes when Trying for a Baby, for some reason.
"Blue, just like Dee said," Elizabeth gasped as she cleaned up afterward. She was smiling, though, and was already picturing the glad smile on her husband's face when she told him. She did decide to wait a day or two, just to be sure.
When her sleepwear inexplicably changed by itself to what she would recall "The Pregnancy Shroud," her slight doubt that she was pregnant was removed.
The next morning, Brendan was still sleeping, but Elizabeth just had to tell someone she was pregnant, and decided to tell her best friend and sister, Deanna.

"Well, Dee, it looks like Kevin is going to have a cousin pretty soon, after all," she said.

"Oh, that's fantastic, Liz!" Deanna squealed, giving her sister a hug. "Is Brendan excited?" she asked, her eyes shining.

"I haven't told him yet," Elizabeth replied. "I just found out for certain last night, when this Shroud appeared on me, and he hasn't woken up yet. I just had to tell someone - I couldn't wait any more."
Deanna laughed, then her voice turned slightly serious. "Well, I certainly hope you and Brendan don't have any silly ideas about needing your own place or anything. You're going to stay right here, so I can help take care of your baby, just like you helped take care of Kevin so I could keep writing my novels."

Elizabeth laughed. "Oh, don't worry about that Dee. I fully plan on cashing on all those 'favors' I did for you while Kevin was growing up." She paused, listening. "I think I hear Brendan now... time to spill the beans!"
Brendan was thrilled to find out he was going to be a father, just like Elizabeth had known he would be. He immediately performed his sworn duty and gave his wife a Massage, since her back was already starting to bother her.
It was quite early in her pregnancy when Elizabeth started having craving for foods like Key Lime pie and cheesesteaks, but she also had immediate cravings to eat the three slices of watermelon that mysteriously appeared in her pocket.
One of the benefits of living in a Legacy House is that there's a good chance your sister's husband is a Trauma Surgeon, and therefore capable of determining the Gender of a baby. So, after the snack of watermelon, Elizabeth asked her brother in law, Zebulon, if she was having a boy, or a girl.
And now for something completely different. An old man Training the ghost of his mother on a weight bench.

7 comments:

Roo said...

Woots another lil one on the way. grats!
o.O wha? why does a ghost need to work out? LOL thats just silly

Anonymous said...

Congrats on another wedding & baby!
Silly ghosts are silly.

AeronwyDiobhell said...

Is he gonna move in before the wedding and live in sin? *gasps*

*snickers* I suspect you're not very housebroken at all, Shiny! ;-) But I guess they're not gonna live in sin, just do a quickie wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am type of wedding instead.

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. English! *throws confetti*

Hahaha! I'm sure they're terribly upset at having to repeatedly try there, too, eh? (It's funny, my sims -always- got pregnant the first try, no matter their moods. Then suddenly, the last 2 times I've gotten sims knocked up, it's taken lots of attempts, even though they were in the bubble and all their needs taken care of. I wonder if the 1.3 patch did something.)

What's wrong with wanting to be the Emporer of Evil? Oh, well, okay, yeah, that could be a slight stumbling block, not actually being Evil. *snickers*

Blue what? Puke? Really? My Sims' are always green. *blinks* Or did she mean "the strip" was blue?

Yay! Congratulations on your upcoming child and I'm glad everyone is so excited for you, Liz. :-D

Really? I thought they had to actually go to the hospital to find out? (Not that I remember to have my Sims go for check-ups or to find out the gender of their baby.) But just, someone already in the medical career can tell them too? Or was that just story-telling stuff?

*blinks* Well. That certainly isn't something you see every day. *blinks again*

MysticSpirit said...

*claps for private weddings* ;O)) I have yet to attempt any kind of wedding party. But then again, so far, all of my guys are currently "living in sin" as Aer puts it. *LOL*

So ... will he get to hear "The Voice"? ;O))

I find it interesting that you don't always hear chines after a successful "Try for Baby". Interesting. :O)

Can a Trauma Surgeon REALLY determine the gender of an unborn baby?! NEAT!!

Brian said...

Yes, a Sim in the medical career can determine the gender of unborn babies. I think they have to be at least a Resident - I'm too lazy to pull out my Sims 3 guide to find out for sure.

Anonymous said...

Perfect - that's right - don't take any chances on him running off again! lol - it could be days before you find him again!
*throws Minute rice at the quicky wedding* Yay!
FOUR?! omg - I'd marry him myself!
XDD

Yahoo - moar babiez plz! Let me guess, someone wished for a girl? hehehe - good job!

*facepalm* a ghost working out? I would think that's ONE of the perks of being dead - you won't gain another pound....
:DD

Not As Brave As I Was At The Start said...

I love your stories! They're great!! ;D
I'm a sim-fan myself, and I would like to know if you have your creations (sims and stuff) on sims3.com ??? :'$
Please answer me with a comment on my profile (it's all in Portuguese. to answer me, write in the «Comenta a minha história!!» box). Okay?? :p

Seriously, love your stories, they're great!! :)