Tuesday, March 4, 2008

She Just Wants To Be

Monday: 11:37 AM

Dear Diary,

It's me again, obviously. Brian and I just got back from our honeymoon. We had an absolutely fantastic time on the island. I couldn't hope to describe everything we did there. One of the first... um, well, second... things we did after checking in was head to the beach to soak up some rays. I made sure I wore plenty of suntan lotion, and made sure I turned over a lot since my skin is quite fair. Brian disagreed, he said it's quite excellent, but I think he's biased.
Brian also put on lotion, but he didn't turn over as much... he said he only burns if he does something silly. Well, now he has a new definition of what "silly" is. Yep. He burned like minute steak. I, however, got a very nice tan that hasn't seemed to have faded yet. I decided to rub his nose in it and show off the new swimsuit I'd bought. He didn't seem to hurt much... he says in his way up the ranks, he'd been subjected to more than a little sunburn...

I can't believe how good it felt to simply relax under the stars on a tropical island... pretty much of my conscious memories compose of that darned asylum and Brian, and lying alone in a hammock under the stars was such a new experience for me, I felt like I could have stayed forever.
Obviously I didn't, for I had my new husband with me, and that of course, felt more wonderful than a thousand hours under the stars ever could. Needless to say, that brought on some nose-rubbing in a different direction. Well, I'm feeling a bit of jet lag, so I think I'm gonna take a nap. After some food... I'm suddenly starving.

Saturday: 12:59 PM

Dear Diary;
I should tell you more about our new life. Brian makes enough cash that I don't need a job, but I still like to get on the computer and share financial advice. It doesn't earn me much, but any money coming in with my name on it makes me feel good. My stomach's been a little queasy since we got back. I probably just have lingering effects of the pineapple surprise...

Anyway, Brian's been busy with work. I don't ask him much about it - I know what I need to, and no more than I should. Once we'd settled in and he started his regular hours, he asked me one favor of sorts.
When we got here, he spent a lot of time fishing. He hadn't fished much, but seemed satisfied when he caught a largemouth bass. He quickly mounted it on the wall near the front door; and asked me the strange favor - he said, if he ever took the fish to work with him; I probably shouldn't ask him how his day went when he gets home. It's come off the wall once since we've been here, and when he came home. he'd brought a check for fifty-five grand! All he said was "Some superhero valued her life more than her money."

He's also managed to find a golden frame for that odd picture he painted of the Creator. He says he feels even more safe now, with it hanging on our wall. I have to admit, I do too, though my stomach isn't getting any better...
Sunday, 5:28 PM

Dear Diary;
Brian just left for work. The fish came off the wall again.
Brian hasn't been acting any different - he's been appropriately concerned about me though - I've been throwing up unexpectedly, and some days all i want to do is sleep and eat. Maybe I'm finally getting nervous about my safety. I love Brian, I trust Brian, and I believe him when he says I'm safe, but I still wonder sometimes how exactly he's guaranteeing our safety. Just thinking about it these days make me feel like I'm going to be sick.... erg; here's it comes again... excuse me for a minute!

7 comments:

MysticSpirit said...

A lil' Brian or Deanna is on the way! WOOT! That's so funny that he got sunburned and she got a very nice tan. Did it manage to fade eventually?

Lisa said...

Woot! A honeymoon baby! I like seeing touches of Free Time.

Roo said...

and baby makes three ..
and the fish! not that i understand its sentiment... take the fish off the wall and dont ask how my day was.. weird!!!

Brian said...

Brian's sunburn didn't last a day. Deanna's still tanned. She's in day two. They didn't Try for Baby until they got back - had to take advantage of the vacation comfort-maxing bonus. :)

The shots are ready for me to make an update out of... but I just got back from the emergency room... I'd had an anxiety attack and heart palpitations, probably caused by long-tern caffeine build up. I think I need to sleep now.

All will be explained with the fish. :)

AeronwyDiobhell said...

Ha ha. Fair, excellent. *rolls her eyes* :-b

Hehehe, poor Brian. That looks painful!

I'm glad to see she's enjoying her vacation so much. *cheers*

*raises one eyebrow* My dear Deanne, I really don't think it's lingering effects of any FOOD.

*frowns* Okay, I don't get it. What the heck does that mounted fish have to do with anything he might do with work? *scratches her head and tries to figure out the relevance*

Well, at least the Sim recognizes she's probably knocked up, even if the diary writer doesn't. *grins*

*reading the comments* I'm sorry you had to go to the ER! I hope everything's been okay since. And if your body reacts that badly to too much caffeine, then DON'T HAVE SO MUCH! Silly man. *tsks and walks off, shaking her head*

Oydie said...

Fish! LOLOL. Ouch that sunburn looks painful I don't care what Brian says. And yay the next generation is on its way WOOT

suzie sim said...

rotf!! You crack me up with that Cartman poster! :DD

hehehe - don't you just hate irony Brian? You're married now, so get used to your wife being right! ;) It does look like a painful sunburn tho.

hmmm - a Bass you say?? Now if'n it was a trout, I'd say that someone was in for a good Trout Slap. *sigh* Can't win 'em all.

*grins at little D's naivett...er naivety...ah - innocence* I think she should be focused on decorating a nursery! :DD