Monday, June 29, 2009

English Legacy: Moral Kiosk (Chapter 4)

"Scratch the scandals in the twilight
Trying to shock but instead
Idle hands all orient to her
Pass a magic pillow under head
It's so much more attractive inside the moral kiosk"

Hello again, readers. I'm a bit surprised, that it's been another productive week for our hero. I'm glad to report that Brian has actually managed to get himself promoted all the way to Crime Scene Technician. After his promotion to Wiretap Reader, I was able to build him a few walls for his meager abode, with his cash bonus.
I said, a "Few more" walls, not all of them... you people expect too much, sometimes.

However, this must have been just enough to motivate Brian even further. On his next day of work, he Worked Hard the whole day, and actually managed to get promoted to his current position after that one day! Which, of course, brought another cash bonus, and therefore, more work done on the house.
Walls! Lights! Windows! Carpet! It's got it all... except for someone to SHARE IT WITH HIM. Someone to HELP HIM CREATE A SECOND GENERATION for this Legacy!

Hey, give it a rest, okay? I'm doing the best I can. It's not my fault there's a seeming lack of available women here in Riverview. You aren't exactly helping by trying to burn me out making me Work Hard every darned day. Past few days, I haven't had the Energy to socialize much.

Well, we're going to work on it right now. Remember Diana, that blonde teenager you were chatting with, the last time the school gave you the Opportunity to put the fear of Me into them?

Yeah. She seemed nice. Too bad she's a teenager. She seemed to want a family, even though she seemed a bit of a loner, like me.

No, she's not a teenager anymore. Apparently she aged up overnight. She's now a Young Adult, same as you. Heck, she even called you to chat the other day. Call her and invite her over for dinner.
Okay, that I can do. * calls * Oh, cool, she's coming over. Let me just whip up some Summer Salad for us to eat - don't want to risk burning this place down, since it seems to be missing a smoke alarm. Hint hint.

Oh spare me, Captain Whitebread. You're lucky to have walls, AND carpet in this house so far.

"Lucky" my reticulated spline. You only spent my money on the cheapest carpet and wall paper available to get rid of my Unfinished Room moodlet. I'm just lucky I still had money left, when you realized you'd forgotten to install a bathroom door.

Why, you ungrateful little....

*
Ding dong *

She's here! Now, keep quiet while we have dinner, all right?

Whoa, look who thinks he can boss around his Creator just because he's got a roof over his head! All right, but don't you ruin this, you...

Diana! Hi! Come on in! Dinner will be ready in just a moment! I hope you like salad...

* three hours later *
Well? How did it go? I note, with some dismay, that she's gone home.

Yeah, well, I've got good news, and I've got bad news. Which do you want first?

Uh... the good news.
Well, I think she's got definite potential. For example, she washed the dishes after eating without needing to be told!

* headdesk * Oh bloody heck. You do realize ALL the commenters so far have been women, right? No inventing a Male Sexist Pig trait, okay? so... what's the bad news?
The bad news is, some guy named Oscar seems to have noticed her potential as well. She's in a Relationship with him. She's kinda off the market... it got a bit awkward when I tried to Flirt with her anyway...

* facepalm * Oh, for Me's sake. I'm pretty sure the Legacy rules don't allow Me to snuff rival suitors for your chosen mate.

Where does it say you CAN'T?

Aren't you a little too Good for such a suggestion to come out of your mouth?

It was just a thought. The night wasn't a total loss.... she let me Question her for a Report, so I can hopefully get another promotion in the future.
Life be your wild mistress. Okay, CSI English, enough of this screwing around. Or rather, the lack of it. You've got until I get the warning that your birthday is coming up to find a mate. If you don't, you're going to do and say whatever it takes for Shirley Lin to Move In, Marry You, and start working on a potential heir.

...And you called * me * a male sexist pig? Boy, I hope I can find the woman of my dreams. Shirley is pretty enough, but when I went to visit her, she seemed like a bit of a Coward. and that high-pitched voice of hers... It's almost unbearable at times.
I don't care if she's got a voice like James Earl Jones with smoker's cough. You've got less than a week, I suggest you make the most of it.

5 comments:

MysticSpirit said...

*ROTFLMAO* Man - what a hilarious update. Love that thing about not caring if she has a voice like James Earl Jones with a smoker's cough. *snickers* Poor guy. Some guys have all the luck, some guys have all the fame. :O> No "Ms. Right" ... poor guy. And now he's being threatened to find a lady-friend or risk the wrath of his Creator. *tsk, tsk, tsk*

suziesim said...

wow - so if they're in a relationship with someone else, they won't accept romantic socials?! that's definitly new!
Yippy skippy! he's got walls! *claps* aww - but where did the shiny computer go? Was that a casualty of the finished room? :(
bwuahahaaa - Captain Whitebread? I love that you've picked out his Superhero name already! XDD

lol - somebody sure put his foot down! Best o' luck on the chick hunting Brian!

Brian said...

Oh, when a Sim chooses the Forensics branch of the Law Enforcement career - they give him one of those super spiffy laptops. It's dark colored, so it blends in with the cheap desk he's got, but it's there.

Heck, the yellow and blue monstrosity is in the household inventory. Best. Addition. Ever.

AeronwyDiobhell said...

Hmm, you know, instead of a few walls that don't actually enclose anything, I would have fully enclosed the bathroom, so he can use the facilities even if he has uninvited guests over. But congrats on the promotions!

Holy cow, that must have been SOME promotion! The place suddenly went from still-pretty-bad to REALLY nice! *cheers* Congratulations! Even windows? I'm impressed. My founder -still- doesn't have windows in her house.

Yay for not being jailbait anymore! *cheers* Here's hoping Brian and Diana hit it off better than Brian and Shirley did.

*snickers loudly* You and he seem to be having a few growing pains there. *giggles*

*leans forward and pays special attention to Brian's comments about Diana* Yeah, be careful there, bub. Dayum, she just graduated from high school and she's already been snatched up? That's fast!

She's got an atrocious sense of style, by the way. Good riddance, I say!

Nothing sexist pig about it -- more that you Sims age so darn fast and if you don't get movin', you'll be dead before you produce an heir. That would be a sad way to end a Legacy family! *grins*

Wait, so you get a police cruiser AND a computer, if you go Forensics, instead of Spy? No fair!! *pouts* Why do my Sims always want to be spies? *hmphs*

Roo said...

Forensics is the way to go! Sherman got both as well. yay for Sim-Brian!
Ya well sexist or not, get your rear in gear and get a woman preggers already. sheesh that clock is a ticking! good thing your founder is male!